Now available for Apple and Android tablets, the PestView app helps you educate homeowners about the threat of termites right at their kitchen table. Created exclusively for the Sentricon® system, this tool will help homeowners visualize and understand termite behavior and damage.
Augmented reality (AR) uses technology to superimpose information on the world we see. According to a recent article on Bloomberg.com, Apple’s CEO, Tim Cook, was quoted as saying, “We will all have AR experiences every day, almost like eating three meals a day. It will become that much a part of you.” The article also mentioned that the global market for AR products will surge 80 percent to $165 billion by 2024, according to researcher Global Market Insights.
Here’s how PestView works:
- Download the app through the Windows Store, the App Store or Google Play. Search ‘PestView.’
- Order the target. The target that launches the app is printed on an 8.5 x 11 sticky style pad. Housed on the CSS Resource Center, you can order it using Literature number U01-028-364.
- During your customer visit, place the target on a wall at eye level. Open the app and point it at the poster. The scanner will detect the AR target and scanning will initiate.
- Begin the conversation. When the scanning animation completes, the AR experience shows a simulated X-ray view of the wall behind the target. Your customers will see termites crawling up and down a stud behind the wall. As long as the tablet is pointed at the target, your customers can tilt the device for a 3-D effect. If they move the tablet closer to the wall, the termites will become louder.
- Point out additional resources.
- Tap hot spots for more information about the scan.
- Click through the tabs on the left-hand side for talking points to help drive the conversation.
- Watch the “Sentricon as the Solution” video to give your customers a better understanding of how Sentricon works.
- Wrap up the conversation by encouraging the homeowner to download the app on their own tablet. Leave the target behind so they can use the app on their own.
We also encourage you to train your sales/office staff to use the app so everyone in your organization is comfortable using this tool with customers.