To better understand the media usage habits of pest treatment customers in an ever-changing media world, Dow AgroSciences and its marketing partner Bader Rutter conducted an online market research survey in 2012. The survey was designed to identify the primary media platforms that pest treatment customers use to access information. In addition to current media consumption, the survey posed questions about future media use expectations, including social media engagement. More than 360 consumers completed the survey.
Key takeaways for the Certified Sentricon Specialists™:
- Digital media platforms dominate as the primary choice for accessing information.
- Radio remains a top secondary media for entertainment purposes.
- Although newspaper readership is declining, consumers are accessing their local newspapers online.
- Popularity of social media with consumers continues to grow and offers messaging opportunities.
- Consumer mobile device usage will continue to increase.
Results indicate that 67 percent of the people surveyed had their homes treated for termites within the past two years, and 73 percent of those people did so for preventive reasons. Roughly 44 percent of the people surveyed rely on the Internet as a resource, so online promotion should be considered to reach consumers while they are researching information about their termite treatment options online. Other results show how much information consumers are getting from TV and radio, which can help when deciding where to advertise your business.