Nowadays, customers expect companies to have a website. As part of Jason Dorsey’s multigenerational research webinar exclusively for Certified Sentricon Specialists™, attendees learned exactly what customers are looking for on pest management websites.
Across all generations, consumers have a long list of what they deem essential on a website. The No. 1 thing they want to see on your website? Clear pricing. Look at your current website and see how well your website matches the following 15 features wanted by consumers.
- Clear pricing info about provider’s primary services
- Easy-to-locate company contact information
- Description about how pest service process works (initial visit, follow-ups, etc.)
- Information about the safety of the chemicals used
- Customer testimonials, ratings and reviews
- A section for frequently asked questions and answers
- Easy-to-use navigation tabs at top of the web page
- Ability to get a fast quote online
- Photos make it clear that provider understands local pest issues
- Ability to schedule service online
- A calendar to show peak seasons for pests in the local area
- A short bio that includes qualifications and history of service specialists
- Photos of various bugs and pests and the danger or damage they pose
- Awards and certifications from third-party sources
- Ability to pay for services online
Dorsey’s research also stressed that website should be mobile friendly. Ninety percent of Millennials are doing at least a portion of their pest control searching and shopping on a mobile device — and 10 percent of them do 100 percent of this type of shopping and searching with a mobile device. As far as the other generations go, even 56 percent of Generation Xers and 38 percent of Baby Boomers are using mobile for pest control searching and shopping. So, go mobile!
Use this checklist to help evaluate your company’s website to be sure you are giving potential customers the information they want! Click here to listen to the full webinar.